We have three growing farms throughout Suffolk, Virginia with thousands of plants at each location. One of the most critical aspects of our business is water. Without it, we would not be able to manufacture quality plant material for our customers. We are seeking a professional irrigation technician who can handle the various responsibilities of running a complex irrigation system.
- Extensive plumbing experience including cutting pipes, dealing with main lines, installing risers, ect.
- Knowledge of running irrigation clocks
- Maintaining pump houses
- Daily inspection of irrigation cycles
- Management of chlorination and fertilization chemicals
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair irrigation systems
- On-the-job experience with irrigation repair and maintenance, either commercial or residential
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- A quick learner who can work with a team or alone
Compensation will be based on your level of experience. This is a full time position with hours changing seasonally. Some holiday and weekend work is expected.
Class A CDL Truck Driver
Lancaster Farms, a wholesale plant nursery in business since 1969, is seeking a Class-A CDL Truck Driver for local/regional deliveries. Our main farm location is in North Suffolk, with two other farm locations in the Suffolk area. This person will be dedicated to serving our wholesale customers throughout the local Hampton Roads region.
- We are looking for a truck driver who can handle the physical aspects of this position, which includes loading and unloading large orders of plants on a daily basis, as well as other duties on the nursery as needed.
- Any mechanical experience servicing trucks and/or tractor equipment is a plus.
- Some work on Saturdays is expected, particularly during the Spring and Fall seasons. The hours offered for this position can fluctuate depending on the season and customer needs.
- We are looking for someone who has previous truck driving experience of at least 3 years at a reputable company with references. Please submit your DMV driving record and past employment history when submitting your application.
Pay is $14-17 per hour depending on level of experience.